Arbitration can be as expensive and as time consuming as litigation, but it has the following advantages:
- Arbitration is in a private forum whereas court is a public forum
- You choose your arbitrator (based on experience and expertise) whereas you never get to choose your judge
- Timing/scheduling is much more flexible in arbitration (for example, an arbitrator may hear something afterhours, when a court would not)
- The process is more flexible and less formal
- The process proceeds much more quickly
Verjee & Associates has over 24 years of experience as Arbitration counsel. We have acted in oil and gas, partnership, transportation, and commercial disputes utilizing the Arbitration process. Our clients have ranged from other law firms to established home builders. Given our extensive level of experience, we are able to guide you through this somewhat complex and specialized process.